Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Oh HI! I remember You!

Surprise! Its a post for Halley! What what what? Its true!

I have started a few posts in the last 6 months and abandoned them due to time constraints or the fact that there was simply too much to talk about and I didn't want anyone to feel overwhelmed--including myself. So now that I am mainly feeling just plain whelmed (I've travelled to Europe so I think this is OK) I thought I would do a quick update.

I finished my first year back to school with mixed success. Nothing below a B but some of the B's disagree with me. But I am not complaining. I am trying not to complain about most things these days because last Sunday as an EF5 tornado swept through the area of my hometown I realized that I have way more to be grateful for than I have thought about in a long time. I am so extremely blessed! My family and friends are all safe. The tornado passed right behind my brother's house but thank heavens he was headed to his girlfriend's in Carl Junction or he would have driven head on into it and I would probably be attending his memorial.

I am grateful for the thousands of volunteers that have come from all over to helpo Joplin dig out. Including the Elephats...yes ELEPHANTS from a circus passing through town that stopped to help move larger rubble and cars.

I am grateful for my amazing friends and those whom I have not seen in a long time. You are all still part of my life and part of my heart.

I am grateful for technology which has allowed me to stay updated and in contact with my friends at home while I am working in Kansas City. And I am grateful to be working and be with my dear friends from my time in Overland Park.

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend and were able to thank a soldier who has had an impact in your life.

1 comment:

whitney said...

yay! for a quick update! Glad your school year went well :)

SO glad that your family in Joplin is all safe. So scary!