Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Note on Spreading Out

My favorite cookies (since I can't have white chocolate macademia nut) are oatmeal scotchies. I've not found many people out here that know what those are so in case you are among them: Oatmeal Scotchies are oatmeal butterscotch cookies and they are delicious! Well i decided to make a batchbut, because we are broke and I am cheap, I got the generic botterscotch chips which did not have a recipe. I tried to find one in my many cookbooks but could only find one for bars or one for oatmeal chocolate chip. So, being the genius I am, I decided to combine the two. The cookies called for butter AND shortening, the bars called for just butter. I didn't have shortening so I used just butter....and this was the result.One giant gookie all spread out on the pan. They looked horrible but were still quite tasty! I walked into the family room to Johnny all spread out on the sofa. and quite content.
I joined him on the couch for a good snuggle. But soon the picture we had sitting on top of our TV fell off and hit the candle which had been sitting on the warmer all day. And soon we had wax spread out all down the wall and deep in the carpet.
I scraped as much as I could off the wall and from the carpet. Tonight I'm trying a neat trick I learned on the internet where you put a brown paper sack on top of the wax and then iron it with a hot iron and it soaks all the wax out of the carpet and on to the sack. Here's hoping it works!!

No comments: