Monday, March 29, 2010

In A Holding Pool

I got an email this week from the music department at Pitt State telling me that, though not a current scholarship recipient, I am currently in a "holding pool" for scholarship money. To help me feel better, Dr. Fuchs included in the letter that there were 15 people they could not make any offer to at all. So--I'm better than at least 15 people but they're not sure I'm good enough to give a scholarship--though after renewing current scholarships and allotting money there, they may have some to share. That would be awesome! Even just $50 a semester would help--and if I'm given a reward now, it can always increase. STILL crossing my fingers and saying my prayers!

But it got me thinking...I feel like I'm living in a holding pool. I haven't moved yet, I haven't started school, I still have lots of work to do before I go....but I know I'm leaving, and a part of me already has. I am in a giant transition stage--but there is no transitioning taking place yet. Divorce papers are not filed, but I've already been replaced. I'm not single...yet I'm certainly not married. I don't live in Carthage, but I don't really live in Kansas City anymore either. I also realized that by the time I'm in my next apartment I will have moved 7 times in the last 4 years. Given how much I despise moving, I'm not sure why I thought all this was a good idea.

Oh life! No? I sometimes think my life would make an awesome TV show--because seriously, you can't write some of this stuf!!

3 comments:

mr & mrs O. said...

so proud of you Halley, only good things can happen to you, no more 'holding pool' for you before you know it. love ya!

whitney said...

What a not very fun place to be! No one likes the holding pool! Hopefully things'll get settled soon! Let me know if you need help moving and packing or anything! If nothing else, feel free to come eat at our house after things are packed up!

Christal said...

I can completely understand, Honey!!! Joe and I feel like the past 1 1/2 years has been a game of "Hurry up and Wait". Bigger and better things are sure to come....we're hoping...someday...Well, at lest you are loved!!!