Friday, June 11, 2010

Journeying On

I often wish my life was like an episode of Glee...that when the moment called for it I could bust into an awesome version of "Don't Stop Believing" or the classic "Ice Ice Baby" and yes, occasionally "Poker Face"--don't judge! Even without the back up band and ensemble and with a somewhat lacking production value, I try to live my life as a musical (or at least with a killer soundtrack). Songs particularly fitting with my life at the moment seem to find their way from chaos and into a loop in my head. This does not annoy me--I apologize if it annoys you when I randomly start singing along with the non-existent-in-reality background music. One such song has brought itself to my attention today. I can't tell you the last time I actually heard this song or watched the beloved cartoon musical for which it was penned, it just was something my life needed today. Ignore the part about the past--that doesn't make sense, I am not a amnesiac princess who was abandoned by her family (though what a blog THAT would make!)--but focus instead on the references to future, family, and the journey. One step at a time...its playing in my head right now! Do you hear it?

Heart, don't fail me now
Courage, don't desert me
Don't turn back now that we're here
People always say
Life is full of choices
No one ever mentions fear
Or how the world can seem so vast
On this journey...to the past

Somewhere down this road
I know someone's waiting
Years of dreams just can't be wrong!
Arms will open wide
I'll be safe and wanted
Fin'lly home where I belong
Well, Starting now, I'm learning fast
On this journey...to the past

Home, Love, Family
There was once a time
I must have had them too
Home, Love, Family
I will never be complete
Until I find you...

One step at a time,
One hope, then another
Who knows where this road may go
Back to who I was
On to find my future,
Things my heart still needs to know
Yes, let this be a sign!
Let this road be mine!
Let it lead me to my past
to bring me home...
At last
-
Journey to the Past from Anastasia



PS~If you were able to read that and NOT sing along, you might be heartless and we probably can't be friends. LOVES!!

3 comments:

whitney said...

I so know what you mean! I'm the soundtrack in my head sort of girl (minus you talent, of course ;). Love the song too!

Jennae said...

I have a heart. I just happen to be at work. I miss you friend.

Jennae said...

http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/58768
Scroll to the bottom and you understand.