Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Moved

Hello dear blog-following friends and welcome to any random blog-stalking visitors. I have successfully moved...again. This makes #6 since moving to Utah in August of 2006. Yep, 6 in less than 4 years. Originally I had planned on working and getting an apartment soon but I just don't think I can move again for a while. It is a bit of an adjustment to move back home after being with roommates, then your husband, then just you and your dog. The amount of time spent half dressed or running to the other room for something in just your undies is cut down considerably. I'm 24....not ancient by any means but definitely not a spring chicken (trust me...my mom has some 85+ spring chickens and other forms of fowl.) But I think I may be just a little too old to be living at home. At least without some serious readjusting. My mom is my best friend. I've been saying this for years and I think its very true. But we need to learn how to live together again. I've been here quite a bit the last several months since I lost my husband and its always been great. However, after more than just a few days, with stress (plus heat and humidity) high I've come to the realization that just going home and being by myself is not as easily achieved. I may or may not have had a minor break down in an argument with my mother, Sorry Mommy. I locked myself in my bedroom for several hours just to be alone and contemplate how, for someone who HATES to be alone, I really needed alone time then. I am sure that, when I get a job, things will be much better. And once the remainder of my stuff is no longer in the living room. Also, poor Louie is very confused. He has been almost as clingy if not more so than when I first got him. And the country bugs are doing a number on both of us! I pulled 6 ticks off him last night and another 8 this morning before deciding I don't care if its a week early and giving him his medication. The mosquitoes think I am particularly sweet and I have countless bites to prove it. I wish I had a monthly treatment I could rub between my shoulderblades and tail that would keep from being snacked on. Other than trying to settle in and unpack, I am trying to find a job. I've had a few nanny-position interviews. One of which went very well and one of which was super crazy ($60 a week for 40+ hours?) and I have another tomorrow with another music education major from Pitt State. Things could go well there! Mom just invited me to go get Shake's with her using the quarters from Daddy's change jar. Yes thank you! Y'all have an enjoyable summer evening. Frozen Custard here I come!

1 comment:

VictoriaMurray said...

I'm glad you got moved all right. If you ever need an escape, I have some of Sam's horses in my back yard.

I can't believe someone wants to pay $60/week for a nanny-I pay more than that for less hours! And I thought I was getting it cheap! I hope something better does turn up. I'd hire you in a heart beat but I only need part time and not until August when Sarah starts school.

Hang in there as you get readjusted!