Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Doors are Swinging Open!

Last week was a hard one with the loss of Peanut and everything but Friday really turned things around. I had heard about an opening at the Youth Theatre here at the U and really REALLY wanted to work with them. Youth theatre is what I want to do with my degree/life. So I started working on my cover letter and resume and contacting people as references. I emailed my former acting teacher here at the U and asked if I could list her as a reference. I didn't hear back from here so I just arranged for other people. I finally got an email back from her on Friday saying that for some reason she'd tried to respond but my email wouldn't let her...but that she had already passed my information on to Penny (the artistic director doing the hiring) and that she thought I'd be great. So yay! I was finishing up my cover letter and asked one of my coworkers to read it and tell em what he thought. He in turn asked his friend who is an equity stage manager and she told me the Egyptian theatre is also hiring people for their youth theatre and gave me the name and contact information for that person. That afternoon I got a call from Penny saying she was still looking for an instructor for one of the classes and that Margo had just said wonderful things about me. I dropped my cover letter and resume off and I have an interview later this week!!
I was having a pretty darn good day. After I got home I got to see my good bud, Jace Holland Dredge, aka Papa Dre who served his mission where I went to school in Missouri. We went to the gymnastics meet, met some cool girls in our ward and hung out at my house until almost 12am laughing and being crazy rowdy. When Johnny got off work he came over and met everyone and then told me HIS awesome news for the Day. A) The Bakery he works at got invited to be part of a Soups and Dessert show later in February. Since he does all of their soups he's going with his boss, Romina who does the desserts to be in this show. Awesome news #2) He is going to start doing a monthly TV spot on GoodDay Utah from the Maytag store representing the Bakery. its always good to get himself seen! and FINALLY) Johnny Ray has been asked to be an instructor at Williams Sonoma! which means once a week he'll teach a class inside the Williams Sonoma store here in Salt Lake.
We are definitely very grateful for all these opportunities and know that our Heavenly Father knows our desires and needs! And I'm also grateful for the 75% discount we'll get at Williams Sonoma---you know that's where I'm getting my stand mixer! We are still stressed but we're looking forward and things are looking good. We found out my roommates are not extending their lease so I have to be out by June first which means we're looking for our first home! Its exciting and very weird. I'm starting to feel grown up.
OH!!! and as of today we have LESS than 200 days til we get hitched: 199 to be precise. (6 and a half months) which is much better than the original 12 months and one week! And we have now officially been together for 9 months...now if only we had a baby to show for that ;) JUST KIDDING!

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Wow what a great day in your world. I am happy to hear you are doing so well. It doesn't matter where you blog, just blog so we can keep in touch somehow. Good luck on the interview!