Thursday, January 17, 2008

Wedding Stuff!!

Man I love doing wedding stuff!! Its great sitting at my desk all day and looking at different options in between the calls I get. Today......get ready for it......drumroll.........I Found my Tiara!! I LOVE IT..its so gorgeous!!! .I kind of want to wear it like...now

I realize I should probably pick my dress before the tiara and veil and such but I'm so so so torn on my dress and I already have my veil (Something Borrowed) and this tiara should work for any of my dress finalists. And it matches the whole feel of the wedding. And I just love it. SIGH.

Yay for girlie weddingness!!

Ok so I have a question for all you married MoMo's out there... I kind of feel like I want to do my endowments the day before the wedding itself. Both my parents and my sister did it all in one shot...but they were both married before and were being sealed. I feel like doing them at the same time would just make it a really really long long day. If we did our endowments at 11 we would have to be there at 9:30 (which is the earliest I want to be there) and we wouldn't finish being sealed until almost 2pm. That's an awful long day especially since good old Mr. Johnny gets hypoglycemic. Then my parents would have to drive the 8 hour trip home to get ready for the open house the next night. AND B) I know I'm going to be all giddy and dorky and "yay wedding day" and I'm afraid that I might miss out on part of the endowments. But mom points out that they enhance eachother. And I didn't realize it but Johnny wasn't planning on taking the full 2 weeks like I was so he doesn't want to leave any earlier than the 6th...I'm working on that because I don't feel like that's going to be enough time....I dunno. What do y'all think?

6 comments:

Kylie Walker said...

Wooo, yay for updates! Okay, about the endowments. Everyone will tell you something different, but I did mine 2 weeks before our wedding (out of family reasons) and I was SO thankful I did that. I would say a few days to a week is a good amount of time because you really get to think about the experience and enjoy the endowments...where as I seriously do not remember anything about our sealing because I was "giddy dorky" about being married! I am sure your Mom is right about them complimenting each other..but I would definitely give it a day or longer. :D

twhalliday said...

endowments early like a day is great but any earilier would be awesome.. i totally want to that the endowment day and think about it...so on your sealing you can listen to the counsel.... but its all your day... im soo happy for you...

Ryan and Janelle said...

Well hi there! I think doing your endowments a different day is a GREAT idea. I did mine the week before and it was perfect for me. You'll be able to soak in more of your day (and enjoy it) if you're not boggled down with all the new stuff! thats just my 2 cents! Enjoy your ceremony...I was so nervous and focused that I don't think I ever breathed. Just hold Johnny's hand and avoid eye contact with your friends and family (spontaneous crying MAY occur) jk

The Crisps said...

Hmmm, maybe It's too late to post a comment, you've probably already scheduled. I realize I am disagreeing with everyone but I prefer keeping them together. In my opinion, they are inseperable. Plus, theres no need to worry about understanding things your first time, its not like your not going to go through another 100 times anyway. But apparently everyone is always happy with the way they did it, so no matter what you choose, can you really go wrong? i mean come on, YOURE GETTING MARRIED!!!

The Crisps said...

oh by the way, that last comment was from me! :) (Jessica Crisp) sorry, dont know why it only has my husband's name on it...

Mandi said...

Alert: Random person commenting on your blog!!
I am Jenny Oeschsle's future sister in law (yah!!).
The temple can be A LOT of overload. I would recommend going about a week (or more) before the wedding, and then going again a couple days before you get married. That way you'll sort of be familiar with how everything works. I don't know your family situation (people coming from out of town), but if you can work out to go earlier, DO!.
You mom is right, they do compliment each other, but I think you are able to absorb everything better on different days.
Congratulations!!