Monday, January 14, 2008

Starting Anew

Ok so I used to post on Xanga and I went through spurts of being really good about blogging and I always love reading everyone else's posts. But it seems lately all my friends are moving away from the xanga and onto the blog spot---always a sheep, Here I am!
Quick overview of Moi and mon vie!

I am currently an operator for the University of Utah Hospitals and Clinics. It is a total switch from everything I've done before (namely, waitressing) and I heart it on a major level. I am kind of a student at the U but haven't taken classes since last spring semester. NOT MY CHOICE!
I get to go raise some heck in there today after work:

You see I transferred to the University of Utah from Truman State for the fall of 2006. I attended half-time paying exorbitant amounts of money for out of state tuition. In the spring semester I had to go through all kinds of hoops because they had not applied my federal Stafford loan because I had not clicked a specific button online apparently. So We clicked the button, had to go fill out paperwork, and do a bunch of schtuff so they would not only apply the loan but not kick me out of the spring classes I was already attending. Fast forward to this summer, just after finally taking care of Truman's mess that sent me into collections for money that I DID NOT OWE! I started getting calls from a collections agency for Utah saying that I owed almost 10,000 dollars... Apparently when I went through all those hoops last spring they neglected to tell me that I needed to attend an orientation meeting for my Loan to be applied. When I asked them why I was never told about this I was informed that they had tried to call me twice and since I a) don't answer calls I don't recognize. and B) never got a voicemail. I never attended this orientation and the school SENT MY FEDERAL AIDE BACK. And was then told that federal stafford loans cannot be applied retroactively. So that rant means that I took last semester off so that I could afford this semester (my job pays 50%) and now had to take this semester off because they say I owe thousands of dollars that should have been paid for by my loans.

If you're still reading.. I am amazed and feel loved. Other than school stress I am engaged to Mr. John Ray Velasquez II. We are getting sealed for time and all eternity in the Nauvoo, Illinois Temple on August 8, 2008 and are having a ring ceremony and reception here in Salt Lake on the 16th. I am all about planning weddings...for anyone. But planning MY wedding just has a bit more fun and excitement attached...call me crazy!

We're not quite sure where we headed after the wedding or what our life will bring to us. We're hoping to stay here so I can finish my degree and then head back towards the midwest to raise our family.

I think that's a good overview...if you have any questions let me know. Otherwise I'll see you here next time. Same Bat time, same Bat channel.

No comments: