Friday, January 2, 2009

...And A Happy New Year!

I can not believe it is 2009! I hope you have all had wonderful holidays and celebrations. I had a fabulous first married Christmas. My parents and baby brother came out from Missouri and My Sister and her 8mo old baby came up from Arizona. I loved having my parents staying with us, I'm not sure Johnny loved it quite as much as I did but....that's to be expected I suppose. We were very busy running back and forth doing all kinds of stuff and nothing at all.

Little Tristan was blessed on Sunday by his daddy with help from his Bestefar (my daddy John), his Great grandpa (also John), Uncle Johnny, and some other gentlemen I don't know. This is the second nephew that Johnny has stood in the circle for the blessing of. It is a blessed reminder of how grateful I am that he holds the Priesthood. It's some thing that I know I take for granted, but that is, and has always been, so important to me. One of my goals this year is to live more like the person I want to be in the Gospel. I have been severely lacking in that aspect of my life and I can feel it and it really bothers me. I am so grateful to have the Gospel in my life and the Priesthood in my home. I hope that as we focus more on that part of our lives that we will grow together as a family, we will be prepared to raise children in the gospel, and Johnny will feel worthy and ready to take our own baby into his arms to give her a name and blessing.

That was a little deeper than anticipted.

In all the hustle, I failed to take any pictures ( I know...shocking.) I have elaborate plans to take a post-first Christmas First Christmas picture with our adorable tree which, yes, is still up! I'm not sure if that will actually happen so in the meantime I will bore you with a few of my fav Bridals.

I Love my Mommy!


Alright so we have a couple goofy ones, and A Classic...not really cohesive but it is what you get today!
I was a little excited...just a bit....

I Call this one..."A Woohoo"
I love the background on this one!
Ryan did such a good job I love all the pics...more to come. Not all of them goofy I promise!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm so glad you had a great married Christmas. I loved what you put on my blog. A washer and dryer were seriously the best things I could receive for our house. It'll be nice not to drive to my parents' house for laundry anymore.

I love, love, love your bridals. So beautiful!

Kylie Walker said...

you look beautiful Halley! I love the first Bridal pic with your mom.

The Seiuli's said...

oh i love those pics! especially awoohooo one! :) yeah can you believe i have five more weeks, i am so ready! so what else is new besides being happy in love?