Thursday, January 29, 2009

Some Explanations

I had to wait to explain until our bums had been covered and we'd notified our employers. SO, Drumroll please>>>>>......>>>>>.....

We Are Moving March 1st!

Johnny left the New Yorker Friday night and he says he feels much better...so that's good. I know it sounds sudden...but the way our apartment lease is set up we have to give thirty days notice, from the 1st. So it was either March first or April first and I don't know that we can afford to move any later because of Rent. We've been talking about moving and planning on moving for a while but now that we have the actual deadline...I'm freaking out! I keep looking around my house trying to figure out how we have nothing, but too much stuff to move out there.
So here's the plan:
**Johnny will be going out to Missouri for a week in the middle of February to actually meet with some people. We're still dealing with people not looking cause we're in Salt Lake. He'll be taking a stack of resumes and hopefully doing some interviewing.
**If he finds a job, he'll be looking for an apartment.
**March First we will be driving our little selves and all our worldly possessions across country. I don't know where our final destination will be. Right now our pit stop will be my parent's house in Carthage, Missouri. (Just a couple weeks at the most)
**Its an adventure....I have to keep telling myself, and sometimes Johnny, it will be an adventure.

So since Johnny is no longer at the New Yorker, I've gotten a glimpse of what a normal marriage looks like. I think I kind of like it. It is a weird feeling knowing that I will see my husband every night and not just as I'm going to bed. We do have a lot more dishes than normal since we've been making dinner every night. But HE'S cleaning the house tonight...HA HA! Tomorrow we finally have our double date with Ryan and Jannali that we've been planning for almost two years now. It's also weird being able to plan a date NOT on Tuesday....or a holiday ON the actual day. For one brief shining moment we thought we could actually have valentine's day ON valentines day...but alas he will be in Missouri and I will be here. I think Amanda and I may have a girls night since both our men will be in the Show me state.

So I hope that fills anyone in who may have had questions. I realize it probably seemed worse than it is...but I'm a drama queen, you should expect that sort of thing by now!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I will miss you terribly, but I know this is what you want and need. It'll be nice for you to be out of this crazy place :) But you have to promise to keep up on your blog. It's the only way I'll stay sane :)

mr & mrs O. said...

heeeeeeeeeeey here's our blog!

Courtney said...

You two could always move to Denver... :)