Thursday, September 18, 2008

Rewind!

I have to play catch-up a little. I've had these pictures on my camera haunting me. Johnny hid the cord and didn't tell me so I couldn't upload them, and I didn't want to post about the events sans pictures so here we go: (NOT in chronological order)I made a diaper cake! I was so proud of myself and my entirely Mormon shower gift for my sister! The little butterfly guy on the top makes sounds and giggles and lights up when you move the wings. The giggle is pretty creepy but the little guy at the shower was quite entertained so I guess it might work. I was so proud that I got it to stand stable given that the center is supported by bottles that are masking-taped together...that is it was stable until I had to drive it out to West Jordan. It, much like my wedding cake, couldn't handle how cute it was and the top toppled. I think I've learned my lesson and the next one will be much better and far sturdier. The diapers were newborn size so that they don't hurt little Tristan's umbilical cord...but the only go up to 10lbs. so that boy better be smaller than his mama was. (I think he's going to be a tall boy...about 8lbs.)

Yes this is the best picture of this shot. We tried about 4 times: the first one was zoomed in, the second one was too too bright, this is the third, and Johnny is talking in the fourth. I'm smiling but its not as cute so I picked the one with my cute husband. This is by the Mississippi River covered in Lilypads 2 days before our wedding in Nauvoo.
We got to Nauvoo a few hours before my parents with Brittany and Chad so we got to spend some time walking around one of my very most favorite places. These are just a couple shots of the Nauvoo temple. It is so beautiful and the spirit is unavoidable in this place. I have heard some really cool stories from people who have worked in the temple or helped in its construction, and I have a few of my own cool experiences. Our last trip though definitely took top prize when Johnny and I received our endowments and were sealed as husband and wife for all eternity! Forget a fancy reception hall, I can't imagine a more beautiful place for a wedding! This is my favorite part of the Nauvoo temple. Every LDS temple has this inscription over the entrance, the significance in this plaque is the second to last line: Commenced April 6, 1941. The first time I saw that I broke down in tears. The early members of the church began building this temple before they were once again chased out of their home and across to Utah. The building was never finished, it was looted, burned, and eventually finished off by a tornado. After that there were only a few cornerstones left and a dent in the earth from the foundation. The temple was rebuilt and dedicated in 2002. I love it! The saints finally finished their temple...161 years later.This sculpture depicts Joseph and Hyrum Smith as they rode toward Carthage where they were eventually martyred. They paused to look out over the City Beautiful where they had met joy and prosperity, if for only a short while. The sculpture's detail is hidden by the sunset but I still love this picture!
This is Johnny's favorite sculpture in the Relief Society Gardens. Not gonna lie, I got a little choked up while we were there, knowing that in two days we would be beginning our own family. We are so excited to start expanding our little family when the time is right and can't wait to act out this same moment in our lives.
It was a long and crazy engagement but I am so glad we waited. Going through the temple with Johnny was the best moment of my life so far. I love temples, most especially the Nauvoo temple. What happens inside those walls is so amazing and I can't even begin to tell you how happy I was that day and how happy it makes me knowing what it means in our lives. And I love Nauvoo! I'm so happy Johnny agreed to get married in Illinois! I hope to have more rewind pictures coming soon but for now enjoy a current: I decorated our table with our plates and fall colored napkins and I think it looks so cute! Now all we need is chairs!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

It's so awesome to see pictures on your blog! You really have a way with words, so it's really fun to read your updates. The ceremony sounds absolutely beautiful. So glad you guys had lots of fun!

The Seiuli's said...

hey lady! yay blogs are great! i'm glad you have one! i hate myspace. haha! your pictures are great i love them. i want to take corey to nauvoo one day i need to show him these pictures. i love it! yes i am prego, we are so excited i find out what i am having very soon so i will let you know you will have to look at my blog for sure. muah!